My reteat is finished & alas, I am back in the hustle & bustle of things! Of course, I am just becoming aware of the events that continue to transpire down in Mumbai.
I have received a few emails from several of you. Thank you all for your care & concern. I want all of you to know that I am okay, and I will be home soon. My travel arrangements have been changed, and I will be back around the middle of next week.
In the midst of all this, the retreat at Tushita has truly been a blessing. 10 days of complete silence leaves you no choice but to sit & discover & face a LOT about yourself & how you relate to others. Development and practise of compassion & lovingkindness were some of the topics that we dealt with during the practise.
At this time, I think is is appropriate for us all to stop for a moment & realize what we have. We have our senses....our health...our homes....our jobs.....our friends....our family. We have THIS DAY, right now. We should be thankful for that.
It is a basic fact that no human being WANTS to endure suffering. In respect to the events in Mumbai, let us close our eyes for a moment & pray for those who have suffered in the attacks: the victims.....their families. And also for those who initiated the attacks: pray for them as well - as they are also dealing with internal suffering.
I will sign off for now.......I will post again tomorrow.
love,
sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome back!
Post a Comment