Hi Everyone,
Well, it's hard to believe how fast time flies, as I find myself back in Alberta, in the midst of full- on snow & winter no less!!! It's good to be back, as David & I prepare for our move out to BC right after Christmas.
It's hard to articulate the culture shock I am experiencing upon returning to North America. I guess it boils down to the fact that I am seeing things from a different perspective. Your eyes, mind, and spirit become a lot more open (whether you want them to or not!), and thus, it is impossible to NOT see things a bit differently upon returning home:
Noticing details that previously weren't details.
Understanding more of what is REALLY important in day to day life.
Being less reactive to things beyond our control, and responding with more confidence to the things in which we do have the option of changing.
Understanding not just the idea of mindfullness.....but taking it a step further & being able to experience awareness WITHOUT the constraints of attachment.
Catching yourself smiling in a situation that would have previously dealt you nothing but stress.
Being truly grateful for the nutrition that moves through your physical body.
Experiencing the benefits of nutrition for the soul (equally as important!). Stopping for a moment & do nothing. Allowing the mind to breathe & take a break!
Realizing that although on the surface, things & events (particularily in India!) may seem completely RANDOM........they actually are quite the opposite. Nothing happens or exists independently. There are causes & conditions for everything. Like the thread & patches which are sewn together to produce the bigger, beautiful quilt.
........anyhow, I am rambling a bit!
Over the next few weeks, I will be posting more pics from my trip, with some more stories as they pop back into my mind. It's not possible to sit down & summarize the past 2 months in one blog entry!
I will close for now. Will post again soon. By the way, the above pic was taken on my 2nd to last day up in McLeod Ganj. This was the view I woke up to every day at the guest house. My little room was on the rooftop of the building & as you can see, there was a great platform for my morning practice. I was really spoiled there! No wonder I'm smiling :)
2 comments:
Welcome back! Looking forward to future blogs about the trip!
Glad you are back safe and sound. Luckily you are just in time for the best bits of our Canadian winter...=-)
Good luck with the move. Enjoy Nelson.
Post a Comment