Golden Temple - (Amritsar Nov 2008)
Hi everyone! As you can see, my postings of India pics from my trip have slacked off a bit. Life goes on, and as I have been slowly integrating myself into this new community of Nelson - I have gotten a bit sidetracked with postings. Actually, I sorted through all my 700+ photos again just the other day, & I've decided that I'm not going to put any new postings up from the trip...at least not exclusively. I'll continue to occasionally post old/new India pics that are of relevance or which compliment any future postings I may add in regards to my yoga practices & life experiences.
After all...India sure was a beautiful experience, but so is this wonderful little place called Nelson! Another reminder for me (& all of us) to BE HERE NOW. Use your past experiences & wisdom accumulated (like from the India trip), and apply it to the NOW.
So, onwards I go. I am truly blessed to be living in this vibrant community. I was at the Shanti Studio again this morning doing some much needed yoga therapy on my legs after an intense day of backcountry skiing. As I turned my gaze to the left while in parvritta trikonasana, I was presented with the luminous daylight filtering through the north facing window. Everything around me was softened: the light, the energy in the room, my gaze. And as I slowly bent my front knee to assist myself out of the asana, I noticed that I was also softened! Completely relaxed. As my upper body returned to vertical, I could really feel such a strong energy flowing in the opposite direction: DOWN my spine....down my ribcage. Like drops of water that fall off the tip of a leaf. Very slowly & gracefully. And once that drop leaves the leaf & moves through space & air, it takes the energy with it. Eventually that drop of water connects with the ground, but not in a forceful way. Instead, it lands on the surface and then extends its form - expanding in all directions & connecting its energy to everything else around it.
love,
sarah
1 comment:
great photos, Sarah. It sounds like life in Nelson is soft and smooth :)
Post a Comment