This week has been one of cleansing.
As I sit here in this little internet alcove, I am reflecting back on the past week. I am exhausted, still trying to process everything that has permeated all my senses. Everything that has gone into my mind (I am learning so much). Everything that has passed through my field of vision (every day- still so much beauty). And, as horrible as it may sound.......everything that has gone into my mouth & nose & come back out from both ends.
No, I'm not sick at all...in fact my body has quickly adjusted to the surrounding environment.
We have had a week of cleansing at the ashram. I've done multiple cleansing processes so far this week........and the one I just completed today has completely knocked me off my feet. Today, we did Shankha Prakshalana. Without going into too many details (if you really want to know then just google it :), I found out that my intestines were completely blocked. The process took a lot longer for me.......and a lot of emotions came up. Some were just general frustration with the cleansing process......but a lot of unexpected emotions began to pour over as well. Necessary, I guess. We humans really do internalize so much in our stomachs.
I have never done this type of cleanse before, so right now I am still just trying to physically recover from it. We are on a strict diet of kitcheree for the next 24 hours. Rice, lentils & ghee. This will put carbs back into our system & provide a brand new coating for our intestinal lining. We got rid of all "the old stuff" today!
I have to say that I much prefer vaman dhauti, jala neti, kapalabhati & tratak to the cleanse I experienced this morning..........'
I know that I need this, though. And I do see the benefit of a lot of these cleansing techniques....I do feel quite "clean" inside now, I must admit :)
I'm just not so sure if I reversed all of that cleansing by coming back into smoggy Nasik this afternoon!
Another week over. Another lesson learned. And also, I'm getting better with self control (as we are on a strict diet today).....I can only walk past the chai man & have second hand inhales of his lovely tea.....
......I sure know where I will be spending my next 5 rupees when I am back in town next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment