Our journey from Amritsar to Panthankot was fun! All seats were the same price- only about 30 rupees each for a beautiful journey! But the icing on the cake goes to the 15 rupee toy train ride from Panthankot to Kangra. I rode with my head literally out the window for most of it.......the weather was beautiful..........and I think I actually started crying when I saw the Himilayas come into view for the first time. How HUGE are they? And the sun was just beginning to set as they came into view...........
This was a historical route........takes longer but I definitely recommend it! We travelled over multiple old bridges & saw so many beautiful little villages along the way. But the best part was the intimate feeling inside the train carriage. It was so crowded! There were young boys hanging off the outside for good portions of the journey........and us women took turns sharing our seats...sitting on the floor ....and sitting on the tops of the seats. It worked out well. Again, we had a beautiful large family of about 10 who we sat with for most of the journey..........the two little kids took turns sitting on my lap when I occupied the window seat so that they could get the best view.........
I will tell you more about that trip later........that train ride was the most memorable part of my journey so far.....so much so that I am really unable to articulate it in this blog....plus I am rushed right now at this internet cafe & really need to go eat!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment