Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chocolate Fix


I am absolutely LOVING the food at the ashram. All organic, veggie, non-spicy. We are truly being immersed in the ayurvedic Sattvic diet! I have even grown accustomed to drinking hald a cup of fresh buttermilk after the lunchtime meal to aid in digestion (courtesy of the cows in the nearby field :)

I am finding that my body is adjusting quite well to this new diet. I am not craving sweets and I am no longer hungry between meals. Quite an accomplishment! But then we discovered the little stash of sweets at the Anand Shop (the little bookstore at the ashram), and for the past few days, I've been going there & indulging in a sweet dried mango & a "chikky" (Indian version of peanut brittle). It just goes to show you that if it is available, then the more self control you need to develop!

So, today in my day off in Nasik, I was really battling with whether to use that self control & NOT give in to chocolate & chai............but I did. and I don't feel guilty about it either! This chai is apparently some of the best in town, and at only 5 rupees a glass, how could I say no?!

And having chocolate cake for breakfast (above pic) was a YUMMY treat! It's certainly not something I will make a habit of.......but certainly VERY NICE (as they say here...)

And besides, for the next two weeks, we will not be able to leave the ashram. We have a master cleanse next Friday. Trying all those interesting techniques I've read about but been to chicken to try........I think I might pass on the swallowing of the cloth...........And I think I will need to stay close to the bathroom that day.

Our little adventure into Trimbak (nearby village) will have to wait until another time!

No comments: